Community Support Worker
The community support worker’s role is to help women to access and continue to use the counselling offered by the Maya centre. The support offered will depend on client’s individual circumstances but may include the following:
- help with referring yourself to our services and filling in our application form
- Assessing and discussing with clients any needs she may have, such as childcare issues, access needs, problems with travel expenses, communication problems
- Discussing and help with finding solutions to any problems that make coming to counselling difficult for the client
- Finding other organisations, projects, services or practitioners that client may want to use
- Providing information and advice about practical issues such as money concerns, housing, benefits etc.
How to contact me?
I work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays -you can just knock at the office door and ask for me.
You may call me on 0207 272 0995 (please leave the message with your name and number if I’m unavailable and I will call you back)
Email me on Michalina@mayacentre.org.uk
If you prefer, you may ask your counsellor to let me know that you would like me to give you a call.
Our community focus page(s) are currently being developed, please check back soon for more information .