Hours: 25 hours per week (9.30 am -5.30pm Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 9.30 am -1.30pm Wednesday. Flexible working is available pending a formal application. Some weekend work may be requested on occasion, for which Time off in Lieu (TOIL) will be given)
Salary: National minimum wage
Location: The Maya Centre, Unit 8, 9-15 Elthorne Rd, London, N19 4AJ (possibility of remote/ home working during Covid-19)
Please note: This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
About The Maya Centre
The Maya Centre is a community-based charity in Islington offering free psychodynamic psychotherapy and holistic support to women on low incomes who have experienced gender-based violence or exploitation. 65% of our clients come from Black, Ethnic Minority and Refugee backgrounds and we offer our services in over 11 different languages.
We provide a safe and nurturing women-only space which invites service-users to build trust, increase resilience and self-care and form effective support networks both within and beyond the experience of therapy. Our services include one-to-one psychotherapy, group and arts psychotherapy, a range of complimentary therapies and wellbeing workshops.
About the Kickstart Scheme (and criteria)
We are pleased to be a part of the Kickstart Scheme, offering jobs for young people aged 18-24, who are currently claiming Universal Credit and are at risk of long-term unemployment. The Maya Centre will welcome the candidate as a member in the Core Team and provide full training and support.
About the Role
We are seeking a friendly and efficient Executive Assistant to provide welcoming front-of-house support to women attending our counselling services and high quality administration support to our busy clinical and management team.
- Maintain a presentable, organised, and calm environment suitable for delivery of therapeutic services.
- Provide executive and administrative support to the CEO in relation to operational and HR tasks.
- Answer the intercom and greet service-users and visitors to The Maya Centre, updating the visitor’s book.
- Answer and make telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor and respond to incoming emails and voice mails, sort and distribute post.
- Undertake a range of administrative duties including inputting data, scanning, filing of paper and electronic documents.
- Monitor and replenish office/kitchen consumables, stationery supplies and schedule equipment maintenance/ repairs.
- Ensure a safe working environment for self and others in line with the Health and Safety and Fire Risk requirements.
- Always maintain confidentiality, adhering to The Maya Centre Confidentiality Policy and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The ideal candidate will first and foremost show a passion for the services we provide at The Maya Centre. You will have good people skills (warm, approachable, and non-judgmental), and a high level or discretion and confidentiality. You will also be organised with a good eye for detail and an efficient approach to work. Some experience of volunteering in a community or at a charity is desirable. The ability to speak a community language as well as English is welcome
How to apply
You can apply by emailing a CV and covering letter with ‘Executive Assistant’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can apply by contacting the Job Centre and telling them you’d like to apply for the Kickstart Scheme at The Maya Centre (application ID: KS374C2DCE).
Please note the closing date for this role is 28th February 2022.