Hours per week: 7-14 hours per week
Salary: £130 per day
Location: The Maya Centre, Unit 8, 9-15 Elthorne Rd, London N19 4AJ (based at home during Covid-19 only)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Maya Centre is a unique women-only charity based in Islington. We offer free specialist psychotherapy and holistic support to women on low incomes, whose mental health and wellbeing have been affected by experiences ranging from deprivation and isolation to racism, exploitation and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG). 65% of our clients come from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic or Refugee backgrounds and we adopt intercultural and intersectional approaches in supporting them towards greater voice, choice and control in their lives. Offered in over 13 languages, our trauma-informed services are BACP accredited and include:
- 1:1 psycho-dynamic counselling
- Group therapy including psychoeducation and arts therapies
- Complementary therapies including Reiki, Massage and Yoga
- Targeted projects – Irish Women’s Project and Black Women’s Therapy Group
- Community development, outreach and support
We are looking for a creative and agile Digital and Social Media Officer who can join us as we launch our new website and communications strategy for 2022.
This is an exciting time to work with us as we look to develop our online and social media presence, reaching more women, and telling our story in a way which inspires and influences others around intersectional and intercultural practice in women’s mental health.
If you are passionate about women’s wellbeing, equality and inclusion; are interested in online community engagement/ fundraising strategy; and have experience in creating thoughtful, inspiring content – we’d love to hear from you.
Please note this post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of the women we serve, and we particularly welcome applications from those with lived experience of the issues we work with, and from women from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic or Refugee groups.
1. Managing social media accounts- creating relevant content and engaging with followers
2. Working with the CEO and Trustees to develop and execute our digital/ social media strategy
3. Managing and updating the Maya Centre website hosted via WordPress
4. Content creation including copy for the website and publicity material for events
5. Briefing and scheduling our newsletter for supporters
6. Identifying opportunities to engage with and develop stronger relationships with our communities, stakeholders and key influencers
- Demonstrable experience managing social media platforms and campaigns; good knowledge of social media and how to create targeted posts to drive action; awareness of and interest in social media trends; proven record of growing followers and increasing donations/revenue
- Demonstrable experience writing compelling marketing copy and very strong written communication skills
- Solid experience in content creation and publicity material development using Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator or a similar software
- Demonstrable experience using WordPress and/or in website development
- Ability to work under own initiative; excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of issues of relevance to inner-city deprivation, inter-cultural work in the therapeutic relationship, mental health, and the third sector
- Ability to use analytics tools to analyse and report on performance with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.
To apply for this post please send us a CV and detailed covering letter which demonstrates how you meet each item on the person specification, including relevant examples from paid and/or voluntary work. Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 15th December 2021 at 5pm.
Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis, we therefore encourage early applications.